Monday, August 3, 2015

Keeping The Faith‏

Hello Everyone!

This week has been full of more great blessings. We have been able to continue finding a little bit, but the best part of the week was the great number of second and third lessons we were having with investigators that we'd found previously. Two different people accepted baptismal dates and it went well. Sadly, it wasn't reflected on Sunday, when none of our inactives, investigators, and only half of our recent converts attended Church.

But there's more good news. We had a really good lesson with Nancy, Ismael's aunt, and she really got firm in her decision to follow the answer that God gives her, even by being baptized. She seems a little hesitant about the idea of learning all the commandments and changing her life, but at the same time she seems willing. I believe strongly in the deep power of the Book of Mormon and the Holy Ghost to help her change her heart and become converted. I know that it can take people who see no need to repent and humble them low, bringing them down as it says in Mosiah 3:19 and helping them to submit to whatsoever the Lord seeth fit to impose upon them. I know that as she reads and prays, she'll feel a change.

Other good news: Ismael was sustained yesterday to receive the Aaronic Priesthood! He'll be ordained next week and attending the temple shortly! It's so awesome to see this guy progress! I love him so much!

It's funny too, because I've had to start planning some little farewells within the Ward and with other people throughout Asunción for next week, and we were talking about doing a big family home evening with Ismael and his family next week on Monday, and he said that that'd be great, because that's his birthday. I was dumbfounded! And then, I was talking with Sofía Ortiz to have lunch with her next week, and she told me that that would be so excellent, because that day is her birthday!!! How is it that two of the greatest people I've met and taught, from contacting them at the doorstep until the waters of baptism and beyond, were born on the very same date (even if in different years)? That was just an odd coincidence.

But I'm so grateful for these past few weeks. I title this keeping the faith, because I've not lost my faith that there's still sooooo much good I can do and there's soooo much work to be done in this area. That faith has been answered, and I have no idea why the Lord's timing has been such, but this has been one of the most successful times I've experienced. I love this work and I know that if we do our best to acheive what God would have us acheive, then He will not fail to answer our efforts, even if it takes a while.

I love you all. I'm still hanging in here and working hard! Keep praying for me to fight strong to the finish!

Thanks for all that you do for me.

Love,
Elder Harris

P.S. I'm including pictures from last week's Cathedral trip.
And awesome pictures with Elder DuFort!












No comments:

Post a Comment