Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Speechful

That is the word that will be used to describe how I feel about having to write this email this week......... Too much to say, and I'm only giving myself like ten minutes this time because I've got people to write!

So, last week.... I can't remember a whole bunch of what happened to write you guys about.... Sorry. It wasn't the most eventful.

THIS week however is enough to fill three, maybe ten emails!

So, I mentioned a guest star or two last email, ¿no cierto? Well, there are two! And I forgot my camera cord, so no pics this week.....

But can I get a drumroll please?

1. Sofía Ortiz!

2. Elder Yauney!

Just imagine the three of us and our two companions sitting in a way too chuchi sushi restaurant and enjoying it wildly (except my smile is awkwardly false and I'm turned funny). You have just more or less pictured the image I will send you all next week. 

Elder Yauney finishes his mission (dies) this Thursday, so he wanted to say goodbye.

That wasn't the only goodbye, however. On Wednesday, he came to Capiatá (our companions went to his area) and we did a full day division so that we could then GO TO BAPTISMS FOR THE DEAD WITH SOFÍA FOR HER OWN FAMILY NAMES!!! 

It was brilliant.

Your fantastic missionary is also so smart to have forgotten his temple recommend. But guess who was in the endowment session at that same time who was interrupted to be asked of one of his oh so special missionaries could come and do baptisms with a convert; yes, President Mcmullin. It turned out so wonderfully. Sofía was baptized by the Temple President himself for her grandmother and it was so special. I felt the Spirit so strong. She cried lots.

She's doing crazy well! 

Other news, Elder Yauney will be back in Sandy ,Utah on Thursday late at night. Anyone who wants to go to his homecoming..... I cannot for the life of me remember his ward or address or anything like that, so..... You can visit him later. Well, he does live in a part called Pepperwood and it's ridiculously fancy, so if you can locate his ward just from that, fantastic!

But that was intersting.

Other news: Paola was baptized! This Saturday. For the second time in my mission, some feminine problems arose the morning of the baptism, and having learned from the first time, we decided to postpone a week. But it happened! It was so awesome and Bishop Gimenez is so gosh dang inspired! The words he spoke at the baptism were so beautiful and wise and it was amazing. You guys will love the pictures.

Elder Gallegos baptized her, but we both got to participate in her confirmation, which was excellent.

Other news: The change is ending this Wednesday! We finished up E' Gallegos' training last night, and this morning they gave us the news of what changes are going on.

Second drumroll!

I'm staying! And training again. That actually makes me feel really good that I'll be doing so, because I get a second shot to do even better, and it's really cool helping a missionary start from nothing (not to mention the fact that this is the greatest Ward ever to start in).

Elder Gallegos is leaving and will be companions with Elder Bonzo in a place called Limpio! I couldn't believe that. They guy knows like 10 people in the mission and who should be his companion but someone that he not only knows but has actually worked with on divisions! However, it really helped him out because he was stressed and afraid of having a difficult companion.

So, look forward to another three months from Piro'y! This round will be a lot of Recent Convert work, and a lot of trying to find investigators.

Questions, comments, concerns, please send them. 

I love you all, have a wonderful week!





No comments:

Post a Comment