Saturday, November 8, 2014

Victory March

Hello Everyone!

So, this week's subject is because there have been many victories this week, and I think that in the rest of my life I've been kind of accustomed to, after accomplishing something, just taking a break and resting for a while. Real life says not so! So, we just keep on marching. We smile a little brighter, and step a little lighter, but we just keep on marching on at a steady, maintainable rate. Not only that, but when we really are anxiously engaged, we don't want to stop and rest. We see the beauty of what God can do through us and we run (not faster than we have strength) to be His instrument. The more we do of it, the more we will want.

That's how I feel this week. Busy, but not weary.

I've accomplished a lot, but there's a lot more to accomplish that I've been taking far too long to get started on. However, I comfort myself saying that even getting started Monday gives me a week more than I had last change (I did everything the last two weeks of it, which sucked). 

Things that I wanted to comment on last week:

District Meeting was so cool! I love being District Leader here, because these missionaries are soooo amazing! I have the Sister Trainer Leaders, the Assistants, and a wonderful office staff as my District. At the same time as being humbled and knowing that I'm DEFINITELY not the "best" missionary in the mix, it's something that elevates me and inspires me to be better. But we had a really inspired one in which I can just leave off saying that the Book of Mormon is so key to everything in this life. Sometimes we get distracted and say that it's major importance lies in testifying of the Restoration, but in reality, it is the foundation of my personal testimony of Christ.

Furthermore, the week was amazing. We had our first lesson with an inactive man who hadn't gone to church for over fourteen years. His daughter and wife are both incredibly active and have been praying so hard that he come back. So, we followed the Spirit, and he followed the Spirit, and that led us to one lesson that was so powerful. It was so amazing and this man is so wonderful.

Well, the amazing news is that this last Sunday, six days ago, he came to church and enjoyed it. His heart is truly broken in the good sense and he's just ready for his repentance process. I love sharing with him and he's learning. He hadn't been able to offer a prayer for all of the times sharing with him and he was kind of shy and scared of really answering doctrinal questions or anything like that. Last Sunday was a Fast Sunday, and he was so impressed to see people bearing testimony, but then when we shared with him, he said that his goal, after becoming active, is to go and bear his testimony. But then, yesterday in our lesson, I asked him who would say the opening prayer, and he just said "I will," and did it. His prayer was so sincere, and he told us the story of how he learned to do it and do it sincerely because he'd read the scripture we'd left with him, Moroni 10:3-5, but after reading it couldn't understand, and so he just knelt down and pled with God to apply it, and then he said that he felt strong and felt the understanding just descend upon him. It was such a powerful moment to hear that man bear witness of the Holy Spirit without even realizing it. I love it so much!

The other awesome news is that we'll be having a baptism in one week!!!! We have an investigator, Araceli Alvarenga, who has been progressing and she's just so ready to be baptized! so, next Saturday, if I write you all at like 6:00 am your time, it's because I'm going to be prepping a baptism for the Afternoon!!!!

I love this work and love the Lord. My testimony has grown beyond what I can express.

I love you all and hope that you feel good and have a wonderful week.

Love,
Elder Harris 


No comments:

Post a Comment